Monday, December 18, 2006

Do you need noise to make you feel...

alive sometimes? I suppose that sounds completely insane, but I just came in from sitting on the front porch, in the porch swing, and got lost in the sounds of the day. I could hear the unmistakable beeping of a large truck as it warned oncoming traffic it was backing up; a couple of haunting blasts from a far away freight train, neighbors in their back yard laughing, just a couple of houses down, a squirrel trilling a warning to others about some type of perceived danger, the light brush of leaves falling against the porch roof, the drone of a low-flying single-engine plane... I enjoy these sounds, do you? I find that I needs these types of sounds, am I nuts? The porch is cluttered, but cool; it's 76 degrees right now and the sky is a blue that only God creates. You would never know Christmas is less than 10 days away, there is a dearth of decorating in the house, nary a single wrapped present waiting to be opened and inspected. We have a "real" tree up, just not decorated. Just seeing it, smelling it this morning as I got up to start work was wonderful. No matter how I feel about the holiday and the inevitable memories, I love a Christmas tree painstakingly but amateurishlyly decorated with the same ornaments year after year, with loads of lights, and scads of icicles.

How 'bout you?

Posted JDaaris @ 1:17 PM :: 2 chocolate drops

Gimme some chocolate!



Free Hit Counters
Counters