Saturday, October 14, 2006

Missing piece in my life puzzle

Well, I've been snookered by a "friend" for the fourth time...fool me that many times, shame on me. I've talked about this former co-worker off and on; she has an artistic soul, we have a lot in common, and I truly enjoy talking to her and hanging out with her. We had lost touch for about two years (she simply disappeared and never responded to my e-mails), got reconnected, and I thought things were going great. She lives about 80 miles from me now, we made plans to hook up somewhere halfway between us for a Saturday lunch and gab fest.. then suddenly, she quits answering my e-mails again. She promised she would not ever do that to me again this past time we hooked up..vowed it was never anything I "did" but more something in her (I agree with that). She owes me a considerable amount of money... which I've not brought up...no point in it, she knows she owes and that's not why I would like to be friends with her anyway (to lull her into paying me back; she needs to pay me back, that moolah would come in handy.. but again, that's not my motive). I need a friend, a true, blue, nonjudgmental, sympathetic friend. I don't make friends easily, and I haven't had a really close friend in quite some time. I do have a lovely, wonderful Christian friend with whom I'm very close, but she's in full-time ministry and we just don't have the opportunity to chat and be close... she's out of the country 6 months each year, halfway around the world; last thing I want to do is intrude on her.

Anyway, sadly, I'm back to square one. How in the world can I really go out and find a friend? I'm not talking "work" friends (we all work at home anyway... and see each other only four times a year), I'm talking soul sister, confidante, loyal, funny, "there for you" friend... I can offer that to somebody, I just don't know how to find that missing piece in my life puzzle... ~ Anna

Posted JDaaris @ 2:20 PM :: 1 chocolate drops

Gimme some chocolate!



Free Hit Counters
Counters