Friday, August 18, 2006

Am I loony?

Sometimes my hubby surprises me with his "wisdom" ~ or perhaps insight is a better choice of word. I told him I wasn't sure I was "happy" per se, but I couldn't put my finger on why. I don't mean that I'm unhappy.. just a little unsettled, or disjointed. There is a pattern and a sameness to my days which I find tiresome; however, I'm also locked into that pattern because it's easy and doesn't take any effort to maintain; I can live this way on auto-pilot, if you know what I mean. I seem to be drifting along, allowing circumstances to push me here and there, rather like a rowboat which has become untied from its moorings and goes wherever the waves and wind take it. Pete (hubby) told me that I need to set some a goal or goals for myself, then do what it takes to achieve the goal. I thought he was babbling at first, but I pondered on this sliver of advice and decided he might be right. I have a couple of goals, which no longer seem as unobtainable as they once did... I want to be appointed to serve on a very specific board (which is a governor-appointed position), and I want to write and publish either short stories (for children) in a book or for a magazine. Naturally, I don't know the governor, but I am getting to know some of the local politicians and am awaiting an appointment to a very low profile, not so interesting county advisory board.. which I think may give me the experience and "resume" to achieve my real goal... down the road.

I woke up optimistic this morning.

Am I a complete loon?

Posted JDaaris @ 4:04 AM :: 1 chocolate drops

Gimme some chocolate!



Free Hit Counters
Counters